Nursery Worker IMMEDIATE START
USUAL HOURS –Between 9- 5 Monday to Friday
We are on the lookout for a new team member to join our plant production team. At Lakeside Nursery – our focus is on producing premium quality plants and trees so that they survive and thrive once they go to their new homes. We need you to have excellent standards and commitment to completion with attention to detail.
Job Description – Horticulture Nursery Worker
- Potting of stock using potting machine, loading trailers and putting down of stock where and how instructed.
- Picking of stock and packing of orders onto truck. Efficiency, care and attention to detail and time management skills are essential as we work to get plants on time to meet delivery deadlines
- Need to be fit and active, like to move around outside in the weather, in our greenhouses and potting shed and don’t mind getting your hands dirty
- There will be other general nursery maintenance jobs as required plus customer service
- We need team members who can move around fast, are quick with their hands and help to keep our plant production up to a high, quality standard.
- You will be able to work efficiently by yourself for some jobs and also with a team
- Your role will include the active learning of the plants we grow and nursery operations
- Previous experience in horticulture or agriculture will be an advantage for this role, as well as knowledge of plants
Here’s how to apply
- Please email – firstname.lastname@example.org with your attached CV and a cover letter telling us about you
- In the Subject line of email please put ‘ RESUME Nursery worker ‘ just so we can search through and easily find you
- Make sure you include references on your resume, with names and contact phone numbers
- Please do not apply if you are not used to working outside like this, are unfit, or cannot perform the above job description duties. Lots of time is spent moving around, with plants, as part of maintenance and care
- Please do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the hours required. Monday to Friday between the hours of 9-5 with some weekend work.
- No Phone contact at this stage – (or messages through social medias – so we can streamline job applicants through one avenue so we can find them easily – thanks so much!)
- We will then organise a time to meet if suitable.
WA State Horticulture Awards – Please read this award – Click here to find it here
Above award will apply to the right candidate.