Employment @ Lakeside Nursery
Plant Production Person IMMEDIATE START
CASUAL Part Time and Full Time Hours
USUAL HOURS –Between 9- 5 Monday to Friday. Some weekend work required if needed.
We are on the lookout for team members to join our plant production team. It’s a super busy time here in the nursery. We have indoor plants that need to be shifted and potted up and Avocado Tree orders to be dispatched. At Lakeside Nursery – our focus is on creating premium quality plants and trees so that they survive and thrive once they go to their new homes. We need you to have excellent standards and commitment to completion and attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
Flexible working hours
Above award rates for demonstrated high quality work.
A chance to learn a lot about plants .
A permanent position offered to the right person
We are looking for people to assist in the creation of our quality plants. We have lots of plants that need to be shifted and potted as well as Avocado Tree orders
We have work available if you’re fit and active, like to move around outside in the weather, in our greenhouses and potting shed and don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
Lots of plants need to be shifted as well as potted into new pots.
Indoor Plants – Orders need to be Picked. Plants need potting.
Avocado tree orders need to be staked and taped and then loaded for dispatch ready for their new homes to orchards around the state.
There will be other general nursery maintenance jobs as required.
We need team members who can move around fast, are quick with their hands and help to keep our plant production up to a high, quality standard.
Steel cap work boots are required for this job
Positions will be Casual to start with .
Part Time and Full Time positions offered to the right person.
No Experience needed – but a good attitude, and a great work ethic is a must.
Here’s how to apply
- Please email – email@example.com with your attached CV and a cover letter telling us about you
- In the Subject line of email please put ‘ RESUME Nursery worker Summer 2020’ , so we can search through and find them.
- Make sure you include references on your resume, with names and contact phone numbers
- Please do not apply if you are not used to working outside like this, are unfit, or cannot perform the above job description duties. Lots of time is spent moving around, with plants, as part of maintenance and care.
- Also, please do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the hours required. Monday to Friday between the hours of 9-5 usually, sometimes starting earlier with some weekend work.
- Please No Phone contact at this stage – (or messages through social medias – we need to streamline job applicants through one avenue so we can find them easily – thanks so much!)
- We will then organise a time to meet if suitable.
Thankyou for your interest
WA State Horticulture Awards – Please read this award – Click here to find it