We are looking for some Casual Nursery Workers for the growing season of 2019/2020. This is short term work, with potential for more regular, or permanent hours for the right person.
CASUAL HOURS Between 6-5 5 – DAYS PER WEEK – some weekend work required. Subject to change around, as job requires.
We have work available if you’re fit and active, like to move around outside in the weather and don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You will actively learn about the plants that we grow and be able to assist clients on how best to meet their needs. Following is the job day to day duties
- Potting plants
- Loading and unloading and shifting plants
- Cleaning and weeding and treating plants and products
- General nursery duties not limited to, but including maintenance and care of greenstock.
- Picking and packing plants and products
- Serving customers
You will learn a lot about how a production nursery operates and a lot about plants.
The right person will show commitment to the job right from the start with fulfilment of hours offered between the hours of 7am – 5pm with hours varying dependent on work. Sometimes start from 6am depending on jobs and to beat the heat. This is an active role, with lots of moving around in the sunshine and in the hothouse, greenhouses, and shed.
Please do not apply if you are not used to working outside like this, are unfit, or cannot perform the above job description duties.
Also, please do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the hours required, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9-5 usually, sometimes starting earlier with some weekend work. We have contract orders that need to be fulfilled on time and our focus is delivering quality plants/products on time, so dedication to the job is essential.
We offer a trial period to see if you are suitable for the job requirements.
Here’s how to apply
- Please email – email@example.com with your cv and a cover letter.
- In the Subject line of email please put- ‘ RESUME Nursery worker’
- Make sure you include references- with names and contact phone numbers
- Please do not apply if you are not used to working outside like this, are unfit, or cannot perform the above job description duties.
- Also, please do not apply if you are unable to fulfill the hours required, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9-5 usually, sometimes starting earlier with some weekend work.
(No phone contact at this stage) We will then organise a time to meet if suitable.
Thankyou for your interest!
WA State Horticulture Awards apply to this position – Please read this award
We are seeking someone who is more permanent – therefore, this role is not suitable for transient working holiday makers with temporary working visas (ie backpackers) seeking casual, short term employment.